- But first, the Pentagon finally attends to the VERY 21st-century issue of those “burn pits” searing the lungs of so many Iraq troops, first exposed by the remarkable Kelly Kennedy.
- On depleted uranium, still poisoning Gulf War I and OIF vets, some possible good news: no use of DU against Daesh, I’d still like to see confirmation of same.
- At my old shop Women’s Voices for change, word of Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy, a book tracing 4 Civil War gender-dissenters.
- At Mother Jones, a reminder that the intriguing basic training protocols designed to prevent sexual assault still don’t resolve the still-rigged military justice barriers for victims.
- First photos from Oliver Stone’s Snowden show the Vietnam-vet director going right where I do, with a helmeted Joseph Gordon-Levitt as SOF recruit Snowden. I’ll write more about this later.
- Between the Occupy Farms folks I met at the Manning trial and this from NPR, could Iraq vets be reclaiming America by farming?